Saturday, August 6, 2011

I Don't Do Worms

My mom came over for dinner last night.  It was nice having just her here.  She brought over a few "gifts" for me and the boys!!!

For me, she brought some knitting needles, yarn, and a couple of instruction books.  I showed her the pattern for some yoga socks that I'd like to make (or have someone make for me!).  So, this knitting stuff will go up to the cabin, and hopefully I'll find some time to practice knitting.

For the boys, my mom brought some bamboo poles and tackle boxes.  She also brought bait -- some live worms (which are now hanging out in our fridge), and some fake maggots.  I'm not a fishing person, and I don't like creepy-crawlies.  Rob isn't exactly a fisherman, either.

So, how are the boys going to learn to fish???  I might have to "suck it up" a little bit to help out the boys.  They will have to do the fishing, though -- I don't want a fishing license.  Mom taught them how to put worms on the fishing hooks, and I think they practiced a little bit.  Even though she got some fake bait, those "maggots" are still icky looking, and I would prefer not to touch them.

The poles and the tackle boxes (Go Diego Go and Penguins or Madagascar) are really cute, though.  Maybe the boys can figure out this whole fishing thing, and enjoy it!!!

1 comment:

George said...

and in that, you remind me that I've not done any fishing this year. Bah!